ONE | Unwind and De-Stress With a Spa TreatmentKeystone Lodge and Spa
The new Rocky Mountain Dreaming spa options are designed to calm the senses and allow guests to completely recharge for the next day’s excursions on the mountain. Spa goers can choose from a 50-minute custom massage or a 50-minute custom facial that utilize 100 percent pure lavender and Roman chamomile essential oils to help reduce the stress of traveling and long days on the hill, and bring on a good night’s rest at altitude. Both treatments are followed by a warm cup of lavender and chamomile tea to be enjoyed in the soothing relaxation room. The Rocky Mountain Dreaming spa options are available at 6 p.m. or later each day.
Half Moon’s Fern Tree Spa
At Jamaica’s Half Moon, A RockResort the Fern Tree Spa is a 68,000 square-foot sanctuary for the body and mind where therapists blend traditional Jamaican treatments with modern techniques.Adding to the unique luxury of the Fern Tree experience, Half Moon has an on-site Spa Elder™ to guide, create and counsel clients on a path to wellness with bespoke programs and regimes. The elder individually meets with guests to develop treatments for their specific needs. The majority of her therapies come from the natural herbs and botanicals grown in the on-site garden to which the elder personally tends.
TWO | Take Time to Enjoy AprèsCucina at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort
Located just steps from Gondola One, in the heart of Vail Village, Cucina'soutdoor fire-pit and newly renovated bar are the perfect location to unwind after a long day on the hill. New this season, Cucina's family friendly après will run nearly all day from 12 -8 p.m. with live music from 3 -6 p.m. Guests can enjoy daily food and drink specials featuring traditional cocktails and “fireside warmers.”
THREE| Make Wellness a PriorityYoga
Yoga is one of the best programs to keep guests fit for outdoor activities. It’s low impact, which makes it perfect for those not used to the altitude. It also helps to develops strength, create balance, increase flexibility and provides an overall sense of well being. Pair yoga with a springtime trip at the following properties:
- Keystone Lodge and Spa offers morning yoga at 8 a.m. for $8 and an après yoga class at 4:30 p.m. for $10.
- New this season, DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge is offering a complimentary Yoga with Altitude class every morning at 7:15 a.m. to limber up guests for whatever mountain adventure they set out upon.
- Half Moon, Jamaica offers an assortment of yoga classes for various skill levels in several disciplines including Prana Flow, Hatha, Vinyasa Flow, Sivananda and Aqua. Classes are held at various times and locations throughout the day, including the serene outdoor yoga pavilion and beach-side cottage.
- If guests want to keep up the cardio after the slopes close, they can visit the new Keystone Tennis Center, which offers both indoor and outdoor courts for play and a variety of clinics, leagues and tournaments. Located on Highway 6 across from the Keystone Lodge and Spa the new tennis club features two resurfaced indoor courts as well as four resurfaced outdoor courts. Open daily from 9 a.m.-6 p.m., guests can take advantage of this new amenity while visiting the mountains.
- Whether mastering the perfect serve or honing your serve and volley game, the renowned tennis program at Half Moon, Jamaica features thirteen lighted tennis courts and professionals to accommodate players of all skill levels. With pros certified by the International Tennis Federation and US Professional Tennis Registry, Half Moon’s world-class facilities draw tennis enthusiasts from around the world, including heavy hitters Venus and Serena Williams.
FOUR | Party Like You Did in Your Younger YearsVail
- The Burton U.S. Open Snowboarding Championship will be returning to Vail for the second year, where guests can watch world-class, Olympic-level slopestyle and halfpipe snowboarding competitions in Golden Peak by day, and enjoy free concerts from Big Gigantic and Capital Cities in Vail Village by night.
- Spring Back to Vail is the biggest end-of-season bash in the Rocky Mountains. Guests can end the season in style with fun under the sun, including free live concerts, World Pond Skimming Championships, after-dark parties, base area giveaways and more.
- This March, Canyons Resort presents the 7th annual Spring Grüv. For ten days Canyons will have huge, free concerts in the village from artists like Brett Dennen and Steel Pulse, as well as host the famous Pond Skimming Contest. Celebrate. Compete. Watch. Ski. Ride. Grüv.
FIVE | Channel Your Inner KidKeystone Resort’s Kidtopia offers an array of on-and-off mountain activities catering towards parents who want to be a kid again, and their children. Kidtopia’s daily activities and events animate the resort and make a great Spring Break that much better. Crawl through tunnels, swoosh down slides and meander through the maze at Keystone’s mountain-top snowfort, or join in the weekly Saturday Kidtopia Parade as horses, a special float and dancers jam out through River Run Village—every step of guests Keystone vacation experience will grant experiences for kids and parents wanting a fun and playful adventure.
When you book your Spring Break getaway in one of the various Keystone Resort accommodations, you’ll play for free. A two or more night stay includes free night skiing on the day of arrival, free Nordic trail fee and free ice rink admission. Lodging can be booked at www.keystoneresort.com. Also continuing this spring is the world’s simplest Kids Ski Free offer. Every day, all season, children 12 and under will ski/snowboard for free at Keystone.
SPECIALSStudies show that commuting can raise blood pressure and irritability, so take a vacation from the stress of driving and let the professionals at Colorado Mountain Express deliver you to your mountain destination. Save 20 percent with a reservation for three or more in a shared shuttle from Denver International Airport.
Continuing this spring is the ever-popular Ski Free, Stay Free package. Guests save up to 30 percent when they book their lift and lodging packages now – by purchasing lift tickets and lodging for three nights they get the fourth day and night free. It can be booked here.
Hi-res images available upon request.
For more information on the latest news and happenings across Vail Resorts Hospitality, please visit news.hospitality.vailresorts.com and sign up for our email alerts. For more story ideas, press releases and images, contact Ashley Lowe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.404.1831.
Vail Resorts, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is the leading mountain resort operator in the United States. The Company's subsidiaries operate the mountain resorts of Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone in Colorado; Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in the Lake Tahoe area of California and Nevada; Canyons in Park City, Utah; Afton Alps in Minnesota and Mt. Brighton in Michigan; and the Grand Teton Lodge Company in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The Company's subsidiary, RockResorts, a luxury resort hotel company, manages casually elegant properties. Vail Resorts Development Company is the real estate planning, development and construction subsidiary of Vail Resorts, Inc. Vail Resorts is a publicly held company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: MTN). The Vail Resorts company website is www.vailresorts.com and consumer website is www.snow.com.